Thursday 10 December 2009

DVD info for New Moon

DVD info for New Moon that emerged weeks ago and I have finally got round ot posting! Sorry everyone! Anyway, here's what Chris Weitz has revealed:
"There will be a commentary track - it’ll just be us riffing off each other in our intimate way. We kind of like each other, so that should be fun. There will be probably about 20 minutes of deleted material. It really is good stuff and a bonus for the fans.”
From MTV infomation gathered, some of this footage should include:
A scene with the human characters eating Burger King. Another scene with the humans, this time with Justin Chon and Michael Welch expressing jealousy over Edward’s car. More scenes with the Volturi in Italy. An extended cut of the scene where Mike Newton quotes Shakespeare to Bella in the Forks High parking lot; in it, he does a Marlon Brando impersonation. Scenes alluding to the ongoing breakup between Newton and Anna Kendrick’s Jessica.
Sounds AMAZING! Rumours are going round at the moment that the DVD will hit stores in Feburary - can't waaiiiitttt! Hopefully the scenes will leak online...I'll post the links here if I find any.
One topic I want to bring up (for comments, maybe...?), is the score of New Moon. Unfortunatly, found that I have an awful lot to say on this topic!!! Anyway, here goes:

I thought this was FANTASTIC LY composed music and much better than the Twilight score, which I did like, but not as much as New Moon. It had recurring themes for both Jacob and Bella and Edward and Bella (gorgeous piano!!), and an overall "New Moon theme" which was beautiful (more gorgeous piano and violins), and kept returning at key points the movie, as did the reletionship themes. Even the Volturi had a theme (a very creepy walz) which would hop in and out throughout the long Italy scene at the end, when Aro or one of the others would say a particually evil/mysterious/creepy line - BRILLIANT! There was none of this music-fitting-with-characters-and-what-was-going-on-on-screen in Twilight, which is fine I suppose, but I love the way they did this more in New Moon.

My only complaint for the score (though I don't blame this completely on the music) was that there were just a few moments when it seemed a little bit overdramatic for the context. Like, Kristen Stuart would breath loudly and shout out a really dodgy, badly written line, trying to be sad and dramatic but failing because of the terrible script peice, whilst the music was wailing heartbreakingly in the background. It came across as a tiny bit cheesy sometimes. But I don't blame this all on the composer, because if, say, it had been a genius screenplay with oscar-winning actors doing the scene, the music would have fitted fine and sounded great. So...yeah, I suppose I blame that mostly, though of course not completely, on Melissa Rosenberg's occasionally very poor screenplay, which caused the actors to mumble their more embarrassingly bad lines.

Woah I like to waffle. Ah well. Maybe I'll get some nice comments in reply to my waffle...? That would make my day :D anyway, will post soon, thanks for reading!

Epic. Waste. Of. Trees.

Sorry. Couldn't resist :D Merina xxx

2 comments:

  1. I believe the precice words of Lisa on the screen play were "oh my GOD."

    But the score was very good, I thought. As you said, it was a little too dramatic at times but otherwise it was brilliant. It was very moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's Lisa, lol...?

    ReplyDelete